Redevelopment of The Mall
Capital & Regional's regeneration plans for town centre site
The owners of The Mall Maidstone have plans to revitalise the shopping centre off King Street, creating an enhanced retail and leisure destination in the town centre.
Developer Stanton will work at The Mall for a year, installing new lighting and flooring, heightening shop fronts and exposing ceiling beams. At the centre of the facelifft will be the revamping of entrances on King Street and Gabriel's Hill.
Other early master plan principles include:
- New shops, restaurants and leisure opportunities for Maidstone town centre;
- Modernising and expanding The Mall;
- A vibrant entrance on to Gabriel's Hill and King Street;
- Creating a seamless link with Maidstone town centre, connecting with the train station and other retail within the town;
- Upgraded transport facilities and high quality parking, public realm and spaces