Low Carbon funding for the South East
Low Carbon across the South East (LoCASE) is a new funding programme from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) supporting businesses in the region to improve their carbon efficiency.
LoCASE offers grant funding up to £10k (as 40% of project costs); examples of the types of projects funded include lighting systems, heating systems, equipment & software. An initial energy audit will be required to determine your suitability for a grant, and a specialist business energy adviser will meet you at your premises.
What can be funded?
- Energy efficiency measures: both materials and installation costs are covered
- Development finance: funding required to expand the business such as marketing costs
- Plant and machinery: costs of re-tooling and installation of machinery and hardware, as well as training required to operate it
- Intangible assets: including costs of purchasing patents, IT, software and licenses
- Consultancy costs: including marketing and business planning
Funding cannot be allocated retrospectively and only applications where no activity has yet taken place will be considered.
To be eligible for the grant your business must be:
- An SME (0-250 employees, and an annual turnover not exceeding EU50 million or a balance sheet not exceeding EU43 million)
- Spend the full value of the LoCASE grant on a project taking place within the South East Local Enterprise Partnership i.e. Thurrock, Southend, Essex, Kent, Medway, East Sussex
- Able to secure 60% of the costs of the project in cash from private sector sources before the LoCASE grant agreement is concluded.
- Not be engaged in a restricted sector according to the state aid regulations and ERDF requirements. Not have either already exceeded the de minimis state aid limit (€200,000 over three years) or to be in a position where the de minimis state aid limit would be exceeded were the application to be approved.
Read the LoCASE flyer for more information.
To apply visit the LoCASE website
Or contact Rob Robinson: email@example.com 03000 413330
05 Aug 2019
11 Jul 2019
08 Jul 2019