Is Your Business Disability Confident?
11 Aug 2017
On 3rd April 2017 the Department for Work and Pensions launched the new ‘Small Employer Offer’. This offer is aimed at increasing the number of job opportunities for people with health conditions and disabilities.
Kent has three Small Employer Advisers working across the county with the aim of making it easier for small businesses to recruit people with health conditions and disabilities.
The Small Employer Advisers will support both employers and jobseekers while they are trying to find work and once they have found a job.
Some of the help they can offer is;
- Recruitment help and advice.
- Mentoring and coaching for both the Employee and the Employer for a period of 1 year.
- Help and advice in signing up to Disability Confident
- A small employer payment of £500. (Contact the team for information)
- Assistance in making any reasonable adjustment for an employee with a disability or health condition.
- Ongoing advice and retention for existing employees.
- Setting up Work Experience and Work Trials
back to list
For further information or to discuss your needs please email or call Lee, Jack or Jason on 01634 648823