Strong Sector Specialisms
With a diverse range of sector specialisms and established industry clusters, Maidstone is ideally placed to secure future economic growth and attract new businesses and investment to the area.
Due to its strategic location and enviable transport links to the rest of the UK and the continent, Maidstone is a business-friendly borough that supports companies to grow and thrive. From start-ups and entrepreneurs to SMEs and multi-nationals, businesses are drawn to Maidstone thanks to its many benefits and the outstanding quality of life on offer.
Maidstone has strong sector specialisms in medical services, business and professional services, creative and media, and retail and leisure. The borough is home to companies operating in many sectors which are strategically important to the town's economy, as well as the wider regional economy. Growing and established business clusters include:
- Construction and civil engineering
- Professional and business services
- Life Sciences and healthcare
- Agriculture and horticulture/diversification
- Tourism and the visitor economy
- Medical technology, life sciences and health care sectors